Te Ngahere Tuturu o te Ao
Kiwi Forestry International incorporates forestry planning, harvesting, engineering, transportation, civil works and specialised resource management to provide the industry with a major integrated resource, providing seamless operational delivery from 'forest floor to market door'.
Kiwi Forestry International Limited is one of the largest established independent suppliers of forest logging, management and timber marketing services in New Zealand with specific focus and capacity in the northern, central and eastern areas of New Zealand's North Island.
The Group is the successful merge of the interests owned and operated by Smith & Davies (est. 1927) Group of companies and the HarvestPro (est. 1998) Group of companies. Both entities provided extensive yet complementary expertise, experience and capacity to provide increased capture of the rapidly growing demand for forestry services in New Zealand.
Full integration of the value chain of services sought by forest and resource owners through to the end purchasers of wood, timber and wood products provides a one-stop shop underpinned with specialised delivery.
Key Group capabilities include:
- Environmental consultancy, system design, management & training
- Harvest planning consultancy (strategic & work plan)
- Health and Safety system design & management
- Resource consent applications & compliance audits
- Road design, construction & management
- Engineered culvert & stream crossing design/construction
- Harvesting operations, management & training
- Extraction & transport to port or processor
- Stumpage valuation, sale, contract management & reconciliation
- Log sales, timber & wood products sales & marketing